garage pg 5 9-15-22

Garage fire cause
ruled accidental
PUTNAM — The fire that caused extensive damage to a Seward Street garage was ruled accidental.
Deputy Fire Marshal Scott Belleville said combustibles stacked against the furnace ignited when the heat in the garage turned on.  The homeowner acknowledged the thermostat was set to 74 degrees and the temperature had dipped into the lower 50s requiring the heating system to turn on.
Firefighters were dispatched just after 2:30 a.m. Sept. 3 after the homeowner at 22 Seward St. reported smoke and flames coming from her garage. Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control and contain it to the garage with no damage to the surrounding homes. No injuries were reported.
If anyone has any information concerning this incident, they’re asked to contact Deputy Fire Marshal Scott Belleville at (860) 963-6800 X112; Cell 860-336-7054 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


RocketTheme Joomla Templates