bradley pg 8 2-1-24

PUTNAM — A structure fire that that gutted a Bradley Street home Jan. 23 was ruled accidental by the Fire Marshals Office.
Fire Marshal Scott Belleville said a juvenile resident of 19 Bradley St. told Putnam Emergency Dispatch 911 her bedroom was on fire. The Putnam Fire Department, with first alarm mutual aid companies, responded. First-arriving Putnam Police officers found the home heavily involved in fire with live power lines across the street.  Firefighters held the fire to the residence of origin without damage to neighboring houses.
The Putnam Fire Marshal’s Office determined an unattended candle had ignited combustibles on a nightstand in the juvenile’s bedroom.  The bedroom was originally used as a 4-season room which was open to the rest of the first floor allowing the fire to spread, unimpeded.  The fire caused extensive damage to the first and second floor with water damage in the basement.   
There were no injuries to civilians or firefighters.  One adult and two children were assisted by the American Red Cross. If anyone has information concerning this fire or any other fire incident in Putnam, they are asked to call the Putnam Fire Marshal’s Office at (860) 963-6800 ext112.


RocketTheme Joomla Templates